Sunday, May 6, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake

Good evening! My dad & Lana came down for dinner so I needed something for dessert. Since I found a DIY brownie mix, it had an attached recipe for Texas Sheet Cake.

This site is where I found a bunch of great mixes - heart hands home -

Brownie Mix -
8 c sugar
6 c flour
2c cocoa
1 1/2TB baking powder
1 TB salt
Mix these ingredients together & store in airtight container.

Brownie Recipe
2 1/4c brownie mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c oil
 2 t vanilla
1/2 c nuts or choc chips (I put both in)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 8" pan, Combine ingredients & mix well. Bake 30-35 min.
I found that these dried out quicker than a box mix. After making the Texas Sheet Cake w/ this mix, I highly recommend adding some extra oil.

Texas Sheet Cake
4 c brownie mix
1/2c oil (in my measuring cup, I put in enough oil to be about halfway between 1/2c & 2/3c)
1 c water
1/2c sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 10x15 pan. Place brownie mix into bowl. In small saucepan, bring water, oil & sour cream to a boil. Add to mix. Add remaining ingredients. Bake 20-25 min. Frost while hot.

Frosting - 1/2c evaporated milk
1/2c butter
1/4c cocoa
3c powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Mix all together frost on hot cake.

No comments: