Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Preparing for Thanksgiving - Strawberry Shortcake

Ok, it is Tuesday before Thanksgiving & we all know better than to wait till tomorrow to go to the grocery stores - RIGHT??!! I do know that the closest shopping center here will be INSANE just to get in & out of traffic.... So, question serves me - do we have enough milk?? 

With working with Tupperware, I have been obsessed w/ Jell-o & Jell-o Molds... why - because it is part of my childhood. We all have those memories from the holidays. Mine is Great Great Cousin Pauline's house for the Christmas Dinner... She had a large house & could make room for all of us... and there were alot of us... 

I made up this Rainbow Jello Mold for one of our Girls Nights Out. It was so yummy - even tho it took forever to make... I am still thinking about making it for Thursday... 

The Tupperware mold is 6 c, the recipe calls for 10 c. I had to adjust my layers as I poured them in, hence the inconsistent layer sizes. The creamy layer has vanilla yogurt added to it. It was super yummy! Even my husband ate more than just 1 piece! The kids loved it too! 

Here is another recipe I found & am thinking about making. I have a great cream cheese pound cake recipe I can use for it. 

Strawberry Shortcake

1 package frozen strawberries, thawed
2 - 3 cups cubed Angel food cake or pound cake
1 large package Strawberry Gelatin

Spread strawberries evenly on bottom of Jell-ring mold. Add cubed cake pieces. Prepare strawberry gelatin according to the package directions then pour over cake/strawberries. Chill for at least 24 hours. Unmold onto serving plate. Fill center with whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries!

No comments: