Monday, October 1, 2012

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

This recipe I don't remember where I nabbed it, but it is by far my fav bbq chicken recipe. It works in the bean pot, it works in the stack cooker, it works in the crock pot. 'Nuf said!

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs)
3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 c ketchup
2 TB cider vinegar
1 TB Dijon mustard
2 TB molasses
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp tabasco

Scatter onions on bottom of trash can -- oops, I mean the bean pot, crock pot or stack cooker. (ha ha - you should know by now I am not a fan of onions, just very little unnoticable onions are ok)... 

Arrange chicken over onions.

In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover crock pot & cook on low for 4-6 hrs - till chicken is cooked thru & falls apart w/ fork. Remove chicken & shred meat. Stir back into sauce. 

Bean pot - bake 325* for 1.5 hrs

Stack cooker - microwave 20ish minutes till chicken is done. 

I make this recipe in a half batch since it is just Cooper & I that eat it. Not sure why my kids don't like bbq yet... 
Enjoy! 

No comments: