Sunday, August 19, 2012

Raspberry Cobbler, Bean Pot Style


I posted this on my fb group in May when I was picking raspberries. My sis brought down frozen cherries. I thought I would be a good wife & make a pie crust, but alas, I resorted to my fav cobbler recipe. Use this with pretty much any fruit you want. It is yummy! I have made it with cherries, blackberries, raspberries & peaches.

Raspberry Cobbler
America's Best Recipes Cookbook (1998)
One of my favorite cookbooks & absolute best recipe for cobbler - now in a bean pot! I got this cookbook in 98 & have been using it ever since! Wow, that makes me sound old...

We have raspberries! Yea! Lots of yummy ripe on the vine, sweet raspberries!

2/3 c sugar (less if using commerically canned fruit)
1 qt berries
6 tb butter
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4c milk

Bean pot version.
Melt butter in bean pot (this will take a minute or two because the stoneware heats up too)
Mix sugar & berries together. Combine sugar, flour, bak pwdr, & milk together to make a runny batter. Pour over melted butter, do not mix. Pour berries on top. Add lid to bean pot. Microwave 15 min-ish. Remove lid, cook 1-3 min more. It will be runny w/ clumps of 
yummy cake like cobbler.

I haven't made it in the Tupperware stack cooker, but I am pretty sure it will be about the same time and results. 

Oven version. Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in deep dish 8" pan & place in oven till melted. Prepare sugar & berries. Prepare batter. Pour batter in pan over butter, do not mix. Pour fruit over batter & bake approx 1 hr. Batter will rise to top & become brown & 
crisp when done. Can be made w/ any fresh or canned fruit or berries.


Now, just waiting for the kids' bedtime so I don't have to share! HEE HEE!!! ;)

No comments: