Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Angel Food Cake in Bean Pot

Things are a bit busy here - have tomatoes coming on in the garden, garage sale to get ready for, and the other blah blah blah of normal life going on. So, here is one of my awesome cake recipes. I love angel food cake & since I don't have the pan anymore, I can still enjoy it w/ my bean pot! 


Angel Food Cake in the bean pot or in our serving bowls

Stir up the dry cake mix w/ any kind of pie filling. Let it set 20 - 30 min and it will foam up taller. I like to use the big bowl of the serving bowls... bake at 350 on the bottom rack of the oven for 45-55 minutes.Towards the last 15 min. or so you'll need to put a piece of aluminum foil over the cake so it doesn't get tooooo brown. It makes me think of a souffle because it puffs up tall then falls. Scoop it out w/ a big spoon and slap on some cool whip-- yum yum!

No comments: