Friday, July 13, 2012

BBQ Chicken Thighs

Tonight's meal went well - not much fussing from Josey. I didn't have dinner ready till after 6pm. They were hungry so I handed them some carrot sticks to munch on. And granted Gracie ate only mashed potatoes (3 helpings) with some chicken pieces hidden in them.

That is why you make sticky mashed potatoes - to hide other foods in them! lol! 

I am still using the Fix It & Enjoy It Healthy Cookbook. It is handy. It is easy. I have the ingredients.

The recipe called for 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs & makes 6 servings. I made half of the marinade since I only had 3 thighs. I get them in the huge pack from Sam's Club & put them in ziploc bags since we can easily eat 3 at a sitting, or have one for leftovers. 

BBQ Chicken Thighs
6 TB apple cider vinegar 
3 TB canola oil
3 TB ketchup
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning (I just used seasoning salt)
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Combine all ingredients except for chicken thighs in a large bowl. 

Submerge thighs in sauce in bowl.

Marinate 2-4 hrs, stirring several times to make sure meat is covered.

Grill over med heat, turning over after 10-15 min. 

Grill another 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully so meat doesn't dry out. Remove from grill if finished earlier. 

Calories: 273; protein 35 g, carb 2g, Total Fat 13g, Chol 141mg, Sodium 242, Fiber - trace







No comments: