Friday, September 7, 2012
Baby's Sweet Potatoes- or for Mommy!
Baby's Sweet Potatoes
* 2 large sweet potatoes (7 - 8 oz. each)
* 1/4 to 1/3 cup purified water
* 1/4 cup tap water
* Scrub sweet potatoes. Pierce once with fork & place in Bean Pot.
* Add tap water & cover with lid.
* Cook on HIGH 7 - 8 minutes, until soft to the touch. Let cool slightly.
* Peel sweet potatoes & slice.
* Puree with 1/4 cup purified water until smooth. If too thick, thin with more water. Strain if necessary.
* Store in your Tupperware snack cups in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze in a beaba silicone freezer tray.
* It's simple to prepare vegetables & fruits for your baby in the microwave using your Magic Bean Pot, that you might never buy store-bought again. You have the assurance of knowing Exactly what is in your baby's food, & it is certainly the way to retain as many vitamins & nutrients as possible, since so little liquid is required & the cooking time is so short.
* One important tip: when reheating the baby food, remember to just warm it, don't cook until boiling hot. Stirring & testing are important. Think in terms of seconds in the microwave, not minutes. Store baby fruits & vegetables in small covered jars in the refrigerator. Reheat in custard cups on Medium, stirring once or twice, 30 - 60 seconds.
* Puree & strain vegetables & fruit with liquid as needed, depending on the age of the baby. Younger babies need a smoother, more liquid texture. If in doubt, consult with your pediatrician.