Monday, September 17, 2012
Bean Pot Fried Chicken
Almost Fried Chicken
* 2 cups Corn Flakes
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
* 1/2 tsp. Paprika
* 1 3 to 4 pound Chicken, cut into serving pieces (prefer Boneless Chicken Breasts)
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 4 Tbs. butter (melted) or 1/4 cup Olive Oil
* Place corn flakes, cheese & paprika in large serving bowl.
* Using the bottom of measuring container or glass, crush to crumble the flakes coarsely.
* Mix the corn flake coating well.
* Season each piece of chicken generously with salt & pepper.
* Dip each piece in butter or oil, then dredge in corn flake mixture to coat completely.
* Arrange chicken pieces into Bean Pot, with thickest parts facing out...about 4 chicken breasts fit nicely in the bottom.
* Add the lid & microwave on HIGH 21-28 minutes (7 minutes per pound). (we did 21 minutes...set aside while veggies were steaming & then put back in for 2 minutes...I think we need a couple more microwaves!)
* Make sure your Bean Pot is rotating, IF not, make sure chicken is cooked to the bone, reduce power to MEDIUM-LOW or DEFROST & microwave 10 minutes longer.
* Simple & easy.....enjoy!!