Friday, September 28, 2012
What Is Tupperware Fridgesmart?
What is Tupperware Fridgesmart??
My FridgeSmart Set
This is my fridge NOW-
I am a abuser of spinach. I admit it. I have thrown our spinach & lettuce into the compost because it just doesn't last or I forget it is in the veg drawer.
Do you remember what is in your veg drawer?
So, with the recent sale - I got an extra set of Fridgesmart. I now have grapes, spinach, celery, broccoli & carrots all washed & ready to use AND I know now what I have in my crisper.
My crisper now has my yogurt & the kids' applesauce, plus a couple apples. I have an empty drawer now that I can use for other uses.
Riddle me this Batman -
Are you more apt to keep cooking if you know you have veggies waiting for you?
Will you remember to add a fresh salad to your meal if the spinach is sitting there saying
"eat me! eat me!"?
Make Fresh Smarter with FridgeSmart® Fun Facts
Did you know that the average family of four discards 24 pounds of fresh produce every month?
Produce is a big part of everyone’s food bill. Get the most out of your grocery budget with FridgeSmart® Containers. They’re designed to extend the life of your fruits and vegetables.
1. Fruits and vegetables remain fresher longer when allowed to “breathe.” That’s why FridgeSmart® Containers’ innovative vent system controls the amount of air in each container to extend the life of your produce.
2. Some foods are heavy breathers and some aren’t. Because different fruits and vegetables require different airflow to maintain freshness, each container features two vents that can be individually opened and closed, creating three different ventilation settings.
3. An easy-to-use reference chart on each container’s side (all except the Mini) lists commonly used vegetables and fruits. It shows which vent tab setting to use so your produce receives only as much air as it needs to stay fresh.
4. The built-in grid on the bottom reduces spoilage by keeping fruits and vegetables up out of their own moisture, reducing spoilage.
5. Unlike bags, FridgeSmart® containers protect food from bruising, which causes produce to go bad faster.
6. The modular and stackable containers make the most of your refrigerator space.
7. The containers’ curved corners and the seal’s wide groove lets you clean them easily.
They’re also dishwasher safe.
8. See-through containers make it easy to identify fruits and vegetables at a glance.
9. Reduce food waste that ends up in landfills.
Check out your fridgesmart options at www.my2.tupperware.com/homemadebybillie