Sunday, September 2, 2012

TOH Hash Brown Quiche

Taste of Home's Hash Brown Quiche

With my best friend & her 3 boys, I need a meal - a real meal to feed everyone. Yesterday morning was my fav refrigerator waffles. There were 3 waffle sticks left. So, I was up early with Tye, age 9, this morning searching for a recipe with the ingredients I had on hand (we ran out of syrup).

This is a recipe from Taste of Home's 1994 Recipe Book

Yea, it is old - but I still go to it, often!

Hash Brown Quiche - not quickie since it takes an hour + to make... hee hee

3 c frozen loose pack shredded hash browns, thawed (I used real potatoes, I needed to use them up)
1/3 c butter, melted
1 c diced fully cooked ham
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c diced green pepper
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into the bottom & up the sides of an ungreased 9" pie plate or I used an 11x7 pan. Drizzle w/ butter. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 min.
Combine the ham, cheese & peppers. Spoon over crust.
In small bowl, beat eggs, milk & s/p. Pour over all. Reduce heat to 350 degrees & bake 25-30 min till center comes out clean. Allow to stand for 10 min before cutting.

I will be making these more often - prolly even for Cooper to take tailgating this fall.

Happy weekend!

No comments: